Many cities throughout the USA and Canada have sister-city relations with cities in Japan. You can find some of these listed at <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_twin_towns_and_sister_cities_in_Japan>.
On Friday at our RJC Japan 101 conference call I was surprised to hear of two of the four students who had been given a burden for Japan because of sister-city experiences.
My two points? 1. Thank God for the many Christians involved in their community’s sister-city programs.
2. Pray about getting involved yourself.
Here are a few possible steps (Probably saying the obvious)
1. Find out if your city has a sister-city relationship with places in Japan.
2. Find out who the responsible people are and meet one of them.
3. Volunteer to help in the program.
4. The rest will flow as the Lord leads.
(Wow. I just about broke my string of daily blogs!)